Saturday, May 16, 2009

Daylight Saving


Here are my chickens in March getting up an hour later than they usually do in order to exercise in the daylight before they go off to work and lay eggs for our family.
They have told me they are voting No to daylight saving as it has completley thrown their body clocks out as you can imagine. I for one am sick of their squarkings and cluckings on the subject of how they are so exhausted because they're going to bed so much later because of daylight saving. I've heard a couple of them of moaning on and on about missing the News at 7pm on the ABC. "Get a life!" I cried "What's wrong with listening to the radio?" Honestly, the chickens of today.....
We're No voters here on the farm, but I'm not going to get worked up about it if the Yes vote gets up. I'll just shut up and get on with it and load black cows in the dark and put up new curtains every year.....or whatever.
We have two daughters in their early twenties living in Perth and voting today. One is voting No. (Beautiful girl....) The other is voting Yes (Quite a nice girl....) The one who is voting Yes rang this morning to ask how to do an absentee vote in the city.
"Don't tell her" her Father shouted across the kitchen. "Tell her it can't be done."
"Dad!" she shrieked.
"I was thinking I might split the money I got from Krudd three ways for you kids" he continued "but I'm not so sure if you'll get any if you vote Yes" he joked.
"Dad!" she shrieked
"You vote Yes if you want to, darling" I interjected "and enjoy getting up in the dark to exercise with the chickens before you go to work. Or alternatively exercise at the end of the day in the gruelling heat when you get home. Enjoy, my darling. Enjoy......"
At least we can all laugh about it.
And my final gripe. It's not Daylight Savings, it's Daylight Saving, just as it is Wimbledon not Wimbleton. Got it?
Great....

4 comments:

  1. Got it! And YES! The NO vote won!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh,heh,heh! A couple of happy farmers here too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vic,

    As your daughter and an often feature point in your blogs I would like my comments to be displayed in full view under the blog in question. Is this possible or do your computer skills extend as far as unloading photos on facebook??

    Secondly I had to reread the line indicating which daughter was the beautiful one several times before realising that you actually identified me as "quite nice". There are no questions regarding the matter that I have always been to beautiful one, and "quite nice" makes me sound very demure and boring. I would have settled with the naughty one...can the blog be edited??

    One last thing, I would get on to your position as the entertainment officier. As much as you like to think you hold a bit of bargaining power with your "physical attributes" as you like to call them, I have seen my father at dinner time and think that when the time came Farmer Brown would be opting for the woman making the bread. Get real Vic she too has your prized assets and if a dictatorship is to form with Dad at the head he may use the crisis as an excuse to introduce polygamy.

    Oh and one last note for all you old timers out there who voted NO, I would just like to say that you may not be that long for this world and you bastards have left me to live the rest of my life tanless and in the dark.

    Much love,
    One of Vic's much talked about and over exaggerated daughters

    ReplyDelete
  4. live the rest of my life tanless and in the dark.
    Good to see you won't get skin cancer. you will live longer with out skin cancer

    ReplyDelete