Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Ned the Gnome

This is Ned the Gnome. He was given to me by Mark and Jan for my birthday with a message on the card that read:
"Please love me and do not break me and make out it was an accident."
He resides in the garden as you can see. I was reminded of Ned today whilst in Bunnings. I had one of those wonderful 'inter reaction with a total stranger' moments there this morning.
I was at the check out with my wares, some rather nice potted grasses, which were being admired by the lady scanning my purchases.
"How tall do they grow?" she enquired. At which point a man joined me in the line with his punnet of vegetable seedlings. He admired the grasses too. He was an interesting looking character with a twinkle in his eye.
"About fifty centimetres" I replied, placing my hand above the bench by my estimation of fifty centimetres. "About this high, you reckon?" I asked them both.
"Yup!" said the character, as his tufty hair poked somewhat tuftily, funnily enough, from underneath his rather colourful beanie "About as high as my G-nome" (pronouncing it as in G-orilla)
"I have G-nome too!" I cried out with delight! "Mine is called Ned the Gnome."
"I call mine 'Arsehole' " he replied "As he keeps turning all the lights on and off in the house."
Then, giving me a cheeky wink, he went on his way, leaving me totally speechless!

1 comment:

  1. How very unusual for you to be left speechless Vic!

    ReplyDelete