Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Sell your husband!

OMG! What has the poor old Duchess done now? Prince Andrew must be rueing the day he trotted her down the aisle and out onto the steps of Westminster Abbey.
Her self confessed "serious lapse in judgement" in offering access to her 'ex' in exchange for cash has got the British tabloids accusing her of "selling the country, the monarchy and herself down the river." The poor old Thames....how can it cope with the load?
Fergie's a month older than me, and that's probably where our similarities end, apart from the fact we're both Poms with plummy accents, and we both turned 50 last year. I gather her party plans for last October were scaled down due to money concerns. A low key dinner at The Lanesborough Hotel in London with family and friends was what she got. A coupla chardies and a carton of Ted's in the shearing shed is what I call low key.... In contrast my celebration was with 'the girls' at a local restuarant, and well within my budget. However there wasn't a Lisa Marie or Pricilla Presely to be seen. Must do something about that....
Poor girl, her divorce settlement is a paltry $26,000 p.a. compared to her sister-in-law's $35 million, so no wonder she's feeling a tad short changed. Tabloid photos show her "hunched over a wad of cash and a wine bottle." Sounds seedy enough until you discover the wine was probably a ninety five quid bottle of burgundy which raises the tone somewhat.
Anyway, her behaviour's got me thinking. I'm willing to sell access to my husband for $50 and a bottle of Penfold's Grange. Well.......I don't want to sound too cheap and nasty.
Call me.....

2 comments:

  1. Victoria perhaps we could start a for sale or swap group for hubbies? You must have a gem of a bloke if you want $50 and a bottle of Grange? Are you open to offers? Perhaps $35 and a bottle of Stone's Green Ginger wine? LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is such a British tabloid sting that it almost does not bear comment. Why should Fergie be berated for acting as an agent for exposure to her husband? I say go girl and make hay whilst the sun doth shine.

    ReplyDelete